Life’s short. Life hacks rule! My mind is blown every time I discover a new time and money saving life hack.
These are the simple ‘I can’t believe I didn’t think of that myself’ solutions to life’s little problems. Here are my top ten favourite life hacks that have literally changed my life!
1. Reheat leftover pizza in the frying pan – it’ll keep the crusts from going soft.
2. Put away every $5 note that comes into your possession. You’ll be amazed at how quickly your savings grow.
3. Don’t you hate it when a sticker or label won’t come off a new product? Spray it with perfume or another product containing alcohol – it eats at the glue adhesive, making it easier to remove without leaving a mark.
4. Clean your dishwasher by running it on the highest temperature with a cup of vinegar on the top shelf. Then sprinkle some baking soda on the bottom and run it again.
5. Vinegar is also a highly effective alternative to fabric softener – and your clothes don’t come out smelling like vinegar!
6. Tear up when you’re chopping onions? Put them in the freezer for 15 minutes before cutting and you won’t shed a tear.
7. Red wine or red cordial spills come right out when you pour salt over them. It actually draws out the liquid.
8. Cleaning a blender used to be such a pain! Put some warm water and dishwashing liquid in it and turn it on for a minute or so. Washing up done!
9. Save money on grocery shopping and save time on deciding what to eat every night… read all your junk mail, then create a meal plan based on what meat and veges are on sale that week.
10. Put a wet sponge in a freezer bag and keep it in the freezer. It will back a nice, soft, icepack and won’t drip everywhere as it defrosts.
Do you have any life hacks to make life easier for busy parents?Share
Follow Mum Daily